Rule of Life

As children, were taught that the power of good triumphs over the power of evil. But as we get older, we realize nothing is ever that simple. Traces of evil always remain and I shall explain why….

As a child, my parents really didn’t plonk me down and render me the sermon of how life is really like once you’re out there. Of course back then, life was much, much simpler to comprehend. There were no handphones for people to bug you shitless, no internet, social networking crap, when snail mail was still the way to go, hence less confusion. My dad went to work, came back exactly at 5.30pm every single day of his working life and so did my mom. Their kids were taught to excel in their studies, to believe in God, to pray 5 times a day, to be charitable, and to be respectful of others.   We were told  to study smart and make loads of money to secure ourselves financially( should shit happens) I asked them....Urmm..,what kinda shit ah???? They said.. Like when you wanna buy a house, then you’d have enough savings to put down a down payment. If you wanna get married, you’d have enough money to buy furniture for your home. Oh, that's how life works eh? I figured that I'll just nail myself a rich husband who’ll be able to provide these things for me. It would make life sooooo much easier to live!
Guess what????

I didn’t marry a rich husband but a damn hardworking one. I didn’t have enough money for the downpayment to my house, I had utilized my EPF savings. I didn’t have enough to plonk in a d/p for the car, I begged for a full loan. And this only came after 3 years of being Metro’s and  Comfort Cab’s regular customer! We didn’t get proper furnishings for the house until 2 yrs we moved in and my house was as sparse as my uncle’s skull..but I was happy and still am and I count my blessings every day for what he has given me and what my parents had wisely told me as a child.  But how I wished my parents had warned me about the people whom  I’d be associating myself with when I’m older coz God knows I’ve screwed myself in more ways than one when it comes to these people we call “friends, confidant..watchamacallit!
But then again, I’ve had friends who took advantage whatever’s good in me. I’ve had leeches, snakes as friends. People who are always expecting some deed in return for the most minute of favors or benevolence. Yeah, everyone has the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege. What can I say eh?

I’m known to have the patience of a saint when dealing with “stupids” but not with those who are proud of it especially when it’s their deliberate cultivation of their callous ignorance towards my generosity. These are the people who lives stealing one’s cake and eating it too and these are the very people you should be wary of. I dub them as “sneeches” with a capital ASS! I still have great faith in these fools, self-confidence some friends call it but a fucking fool nonetheless in my books!
But all is not lost. I have kept a few friends in my good books, which whom are mostly friends from high school. Friends who has brought good in my life and has stood by me through all my haplessness, adversities, triumphs, good or bad and these are the lot whom will always, always be the ones that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.

My point is, make wise decisions coz they may reflect on who you are as a person. God knows I've learned it the hard way!

When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession or even friends, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. In the important decisions of personal life, we should be reigned, I think, by the deep inner needs of our hearts and….common sense!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........