The Things I Learned……….so far

• I learned to NOT eat anything that floats in the toilet bowl. (Age 4)
• I learned that fertilizers were ONLY meant for trees, not for my personal consumption. (Age 3)
• I learned that my Mom and Dad are the smartest people in the world. (Age 7)
• I learned you can’t lie about shooting your neighbour’s kid with a slingshot and get away with it. (Age 9)
• I learned that putting tamarind pulp in my baby sister’s formula earns me more play time.
  It did till my parents found out. (Age8)
• I learned to NOT brush my teeth sitting in the sink. (Age 8)
• I learned that you can’t buy shit with Monopoly money. (Age7)
• I learned that just when I got my room the way I like it, my Mom said it was a pig sty! (Age 12)
• I learned that my mom isn’t a professional hair stylist. My kid sister and I were her guinea pigs and she       can’t perm for shit and we were only….. (Age 9)
• I learned that my mom’s idea of a Princess Diana hairstyle would be her placing a bowl over my head and me looking like Moe from the Three Stooges once she has waved her magic DIY hairstyling kit. (Age 9)
• I learned that you will have a few broken teeth should you fall off a tree..or the roof. (Age 10)
• I learned that my Mom and Dad weren’t as smart as I thought they were. (Rebellious stage). (Age 13)
• I learned that I was no longer a little girl. Had my first P. (Age14)
• I learned that my parents were faced with a life and death situation regarding myself. (Age14)
• I learned that my Mom and Dad don’t have a clue about life. (Age 16)
• I learned that going on a date was time consuming and a waste of money. (Age 17).
• I learned that I wasn’t meant to be an accountant or anything to do with numbers. (Age 19-20)
• I learned that Public Relations were my real calling. (Age 20)
• I learned that I was secretly glad that my parents were hard on me. (Age 21)
• I learned that my Mom and Dad need me if they are to actually survive in this world. (Age 22)
• I learned that my Mom and Dad may be smarter than I’ve given them credit for these last few years.
 (Age 23- Today)
• I learned that my dad was incredibly wise and should be sought for advice in every big decision that comes. (Age 23)
• I learned that I was clueless about life. (Age 24)
• I learned that once again my Mom and Dad are the smartest people in the world. (Age 25)
• I learned that a beautiful little dark haired, dimpled baby boy named Ezane can rock my world. (Age 25)
• I learned that having a kid is cool and a lot of work … all at the same time. (Age 25)
• I learned the ugly truth about cancer. (Age 26)
• I learned that the coolest guy in the world is about to leave me…for good (Age 26)
• I learned the painful truth that everything can change in the blink of an eye.(Age 27-28)
• I learned that making a living and making a life are two different things. (Age 27-28)
• I learned that not everybody gives you a pat on the back for a job well done. (Age 29)
• I learned that you can tell a lot about a man’s true character by the way he handles these three things: when he’s dealt with a crisis, how he handles himself in the sack (or you for that matter), and how he talks about his wife when she’s not around. (Age 31)
• I learned that whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. (Age 32)
• I learned that a sweet little black haired, brown eyed girl named Erin still rocks my world. (Age 32)
• I learned that raising my kids is a challenge, but it’s also one of the greatest pleasures in the world.
 (Age 32 - Today)
• I learned to never compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (Today)
• I learned that I still have a lot to learn. (Today)



2 comments:

  1. Lovely post there. Looking forward for future posts. HUGE fan btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely....as soon as i have something to rant about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Say it loud, say it clear.........