In A Quandary.......

My beloved offspring had recently queried my responsibility as a mother. In between sobs, he had asked me why can’t he come home just like the other kids. And that why doesn’t his baby sister sleep with Mama anymore? I was flabbergasted..of course because it came from my 7 year old son. My son almost never cries. And for him to convey how he felt to me…….it takes a lot of grit as he is petrified of me. I have always thought that he prefers everyone else over me, as I have not really made my presence known ever since he was a tiny baby. He was always under someone else’s worry. I wasn’t there enough to shower him with love and affection that he so desperately needed before . That is the reason for him being timid and reserved, especially when it comes to the matters of his heart. That I observed about him. Not once has he uttered out his discontent with me, not once….until last night, when he cried and couldn’t even utter a word without choking up tears. He felt thwarted and was in so much grief. I have never, ever seen that side of him before. He must’ve thought this through and through before taking the valiant move of telling his mother what he felt. I didn’t know how else to appease him.

I feel sorry for him.

I’m in a quandary…….what the hell should I do now?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........