Crazeeee Aunty Sita


Went to my mum’s house for buka puasa. I will make it a point to break fast with my family and siblings whenever I am in town, which is not that often. I travel a hell lot and hardly spend time with them. And I do miss my family a hell lot too. Called Yasmin the other day during one of my roadtrips to inform her that I’ll be there for buka puasa. She literally shrieked in glee (nearly became deaf when she did it). I asked her why and she simply answered…”Because we hardly see you around Aunty Sita, and I miss you. Please break fast with us tonight. Her say nearly brought me to tears. She has grown so much since I last saw her and had turned out to be a ravishing beauty I must say.

Anyway, Shahril came to pick me up from the office and we headed straight to mummy’s house. As I stepped out of the car, I could hear them screaming my name.

Ezane (7) : Mama, can we go out to buy some toys today? Just a really small one pun ok lah!

Zarif(7) : Aunty Sita, u promised me a Tranformers toy.

Pepe (7) : Yeah, where is it? Don’t lah like this. Not fairlah!!!!

Khalis(5)and very “kerek” : Aunty Sita, Pepe won’t let me share his toys..can you please scold him???? Tell him I’ve got the biggest gun in the world and I will shoot his smelly butt!!!

Yasmin (10) : Aunty Sita, I didn’t fast today. My lips went dry so I had to ‘abstain” myself from fasting today….!!!!

Yes, these terrors are my niece and nephews. Each little rascal has their own quirks.
To further exasperate their weary aunt, they seem to love talking to me….Yes..ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! God..they’re loud and very demanding for a bunch of scalawags and would sometimes ask me me the most ludricrous questions….and anticipate for my always unreasonable answers..which most often pisses them off!!! Hahaha..What would you expect from a crazy aunt??? They once asked me where babies came from….

Straight faced I simply said…

“Well, if you must know, your parents bought you from the onion factory. The “tauke” didn’t want you because you guys weren’t cute anymore!!! So, he sold you guys off at a discount when you were tiny little babies!!!! You guys were all delivered to the house in gunny sacks. That is why you guys always smell like “bawang goreng”, haven’t u noticed???? Confused, they would start smelling their shirts!!!!!

I would laugh in hysterics when they gawked at my answer, somehow thinking it was all true. Except for Yasmin, being the oldest and the wisest among the lot. Kahkahkahkahkah!!!!!! Others would scramble to the phone and call their moms to authenticate what they’ve just heard from their beloved Auty Sita.

These boys would sit on me..all 5 of them on the couch and will start rummaging through my bag for goodies. Yes, they think I’m a walking candy stand!!! Only to be thwarted when they could only find a pack of ciggies, wallet and other non- candy items. Zarif pulled out my cigarettes and said “ Aunty Sita, these rokok is going to kill you u know”.

Well, Abang, Not today it ain’t.., I cheekily replied. Now please put that back in my bag please. Otherwise, I’ll just have to sit on you till you put it back!!!

Yes, I do love these kids to death, although it can be quite draining sometimes but these rascals keeps me sane from the mad going on’s in my life. I’m so much calmer when I’m with them, although they tend so see the “ringgit sign” smacked across my forehead when they see me, but they’re kids and it gives me an immense pleasure to just spoil them to bits. They’re the love of my life.

So kids, please don’t grow up too fast ok????? Love you guys to bits and pieces!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........