I'm No Jenny.

35 this year!!!



I've never considered myself attractive, but I think it's safe to say that I'm physically less attractive now than I was in days past. This doesn't bother me as much as it used to because I think I've finally come to believe that I’m no Jenny- From- The- Block or anywhere close to having a rockin' hot bod.

From this....


 I now look like Jabba The Hunt and I feel like an overstuffed toad. I’m cutting a fuller figure (and by fuller I don't mean curves!) and anything I eat takes up permanent residence in my ASS. They say food fills the void and it's been filling me alright. I try to not let it bother me too much, It's just something I wear under my clothes. It's true that this is the only body I have to wear, but I don't have to let my self image rise and fall with what I actually look like. But yes, I would like to have a smokin hot bod and I'm gonna make it my goal this year to shed at least 15 kilos of lard....for good I hope!

To this baby!!!!

I used to think I was not my body, and I thought it was a real inconvenience to have to feed it, rest it, and otherwise maintain it. I’d look in the mirror and I can the rising gag in my throat Back then, I was living in my head a lot, and I didn't see the value my body brought me. Today I'm a little more awake to things my body tries to tell me and more appreciative of its point of view. It's worth the trouble to keep it.

Doesn’t help that I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish ,and by drinking I mean coffee, which btw I absolutely cannot live without, thanks to my sainted father! . I stared drinking this fav beverage of mine since I was 10 and got addicted to it pretty quick. I must have been 8 when I first discovered the taste of coffee, when I was accidentally mistaken my father’s cuppa for Root Beer. I was inconsolable: how could grown-ups ruin their taste buds with something as revolting as coffee? When I was 11 or 12, I still hated coffee, but fell in love with the ritual of this ancient brew. My father were thankful enough about me fixing his favourite cuppa on most mornings since the ones our maid prepared were either too weak or to strong.

I think it's important to stay healthy enough to comfortably lead the life I want, but not much more than that. I'm not an athlete or a model, so keeping my body in tip top shape would be like having the hottest car on the block. I could take it as a point of pride, but it doesn't gain me anything in practical terms!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........