Buka Puasa

Feeling a tad bit on the “emo” side today. Had tapau’ed nasi campur from Puteri, went home to an empty apartment after work. For the first time in my life, I had to break fast alone today. Without family, spouse, my kids, friends. It’s just me and my nasi campur, and a small plate of crème caramel for berbuka. Before that, I had called Shahril in Miri to check up on him. He’s down with viral fever and feeling helpless, I’m sure. A dear friend had volunteered to fly down to Miri to check up on him. To make sure Shahril takes his meds. I thought that was a very sweet gesture.

Anyhoo, finally broke fast, gulping down at least 3 glasses of water. Man, I was parched.
Had maybe 2 tablespoons of food and my tummy was pleading me to stop. Placed the untouched caramel back into the fridge. Maybe I could still have some for sahur. Maybe.. as in if I could marshal the strength to get up at 4am, which is virtually impossible. Performed my Maghrib prayers, and watched some telly. Jamie Oliver was on. Man he’s cute.

Well, as I wait for my sister in law to arrive, I am now sitting on my uncomfortably on my hard sofa, “bersila” and will start blogging about something merrier. My previous postings had been about me feeling dismal about things, most of the time and it is heartrending. Am I that pitiable? Do I always need a legion of people to hang out with me? I’m sure they have better things to do with their precious time, than hanging out with me. They’ve got their own lives to live. And I shall live mine…………….alone for now.

Damn, there I go again………..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........