Ola...

Hello everyone. I’m sorry for the long ass hiatus as I was busy with taking care of the family and all the drama that entails in trying to raise kids under the age of 10. Nevertheless, life has been kind to me Alhamdulillah, apart from the normal blips in trying to raise the kids (who sometimes can make me lose my mind!), I do cherish the moments I spend with them really. They keep me sane from all the madness we call Life. Hubby has been home for almost 2 months, not really sure when he’ll be going back offshore but it’s been a relief to have him home to take the load off, u know what I mean? At least there's someone to help me with the groceries and manage the fixing aroud the house, the driving the kids to school in the mornings and I have my coffee buddy. Well, all is well and I'm grateful Alhamdulillah. Oh yes, I have not gotten a permanent job yet. I’ve done quite a few freelance gigs here and there and I am happy. Besides, getting a job after 35 has proven to be quite a challenge I must say and I’m not going to beat myself up like before….but, I’ll keep trying.
Ramadhan has been kind to me this year. We’ve had iftar with all of our friends on my birthday bday and I even had a bday cake. Last week, we hosted a berbuka puasa with a few of my closest friends . Underneath the stars and despite the 5000 nyamuks that surrounded us that nite, we chatted till 5am. I am grateful to Allah indeed. I woke up with a pounding headache the next day but happy as a clam!
Preparations for Hari Raya?
Been doing “some” shopping for the kids but not for myself….yet! I intend to go full force next week and getting myself the most beautiful baju kurung I can afford. I’ll leave the baking of Raya cookies to my lil’ sis coz I can’t bake to save my life. Since my maid will be heading back home to Medan next week, I guess Il’l be helping my mom with the cooking this year. I’m no Julia Child, but people say that I whip up a pretty damn good Ayam masak merah, so….fingers crossed ya? Hubby will not be joining us this year (yet again..) but I’ll make do lah..how hard can it be? Ive been doing it for years mah..

to be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it loud, say it clear.........